As we close our little tour of the Daintree River, I thought it would be nice to share with you some of the scenery along the river. Not only did the river offer us some great views of the Salt Water Crocodiles going about their daily business of search and destroy, but it also offered some spectacular views of the Daintree Rainforest as it lined the river banks.
The trees along the edge were tall and the thick brush created great hiding spots for the crocs as the forest reached into the water’s edge.
A wider view of the edge shows the towering mountains of the rainforest in the distance. I loved the shadows on the tree tops created by the cloud cover.
In other areas along the Daintree, the path of the water became narrow with some great mirror reflections on the water.
So where shall we visit next?
- Australian made in the Daintree Rainforest (cacaoengrano.wordpress.com)
- Cairns to Cape tribulation/Daintree August 1 (rupert50mac.wordpress.com)
- Those Golden Specks in Cairns – are not sand (janhawkinsau.wordpress.com)
- Jungle Surfing in the Daintree and going AWOL in Cooktown (lendrumstravelblog.wordpress.com)
- Port Douglas Queensland (sunrisetoday.wordpress.com)