This weeks theme for the weekly photo challenge is that of reflection. I was trying to think of something creative and of course reflective to say today. As I was looking for some ideas on what to post, I came across this very simple story of reflection. I am sure you may have heard it before but it struck me in the sense that as our lives go from day-to-day the most important reflection we can ever come across is that of ourselves. Who we are, what we are and what we hope to be. So today, I will leave you with a simple story from an author unknown. I took this picture in the New York State. I may have shown it before but I thought it was a great “reflection” on the theme.
Reflection of you
There is a story about a father and his young son who were walking through the mountains. Suddenly, the son fell, hurting his leg on a rock. He screamed, ‘AAhhhh!’
To his surprise, he heard a voice repeating, ‘AAhhhh!’
This made him even more curious. So, he yelled, ‘Who are you?’ Back came the same answer, ‘Who are you?’
Feeling a bit perturbed by this response, he yelled out, ‘Coward!’ Back came the same reply, ‘Coward!’
He looked at his father and asked: ‘What’s going on?’ His father smiled and said: ‘Son, pay attention.’
Looking across the valley, his father yelled to the mountain, ‘I admire you!’ The voice answered: ‘I admire you!’
Again the man cried out: ‘You are a champion!’ The voice replied, ‘You are a champion!’
The boy was amazed, but he was very confused. So, his father explained…
‘You are only hearing an echo, the sound of our voices bouncing back from the mountains. However, this really is how life works. It returns to you what you think, say, and do!
Our lives are a reflection of our thoughts and actions. If you want more love in your world, create more love in your heart. If you want to be treated with kindness, treat others with kindness. If you want more competence on your team, become more competent.
This relationship applies to everything, in all aspects of life. Life will give to you, everything you give to it, only it will give you even more in return. Your life is not ever a coincidence. Each moment is a reflection of you!’
The son listened and grew in understanding, and through the following years, he witnessed the truth of these words in his life!
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Reflection (thepetalpusher.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Reflections (mytropicalhome.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Reflections (scsurfbutler.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge – Reflection (journeyaroundtheglobe.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Reflections (myawakeninglife.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Reflections (eof737.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Reflections (youthinkyoucanblog.wordpress.com)
- Weekly photo challenge: reflections (jrsyjueco.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Reflection (charlieray45.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Reflections (pilotfishblog.com)